New Life for Old Cookie Sheets...Again!

New Life For Old Cookie Sheets... Again!!!
By: Jill

For some reason I was in the mood to experiment….so I did. I decided to pull out my trusty duo of Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide and let it works its’ magic….again. But…this time I took a little different approach than in times past.
In the past I would make a paste of the two and start scrubbing. Today I decided to add an ingredient. Time. I didn’t feel like actually DOING much scrubbing, etc….but I had TIME to see what the “Miracle Cleaner” could accomplish if left to its own devices for awhile…without any interference from me.
I am here to report: “miracle cleaner” + TIME =RESULTS!
I started out with a medium-sized circle on the badly stained backside of this jelly roll pan that I have had for a million years.  I wanted to try a “test patch” if you will just to see if it was worth trying out on the whole pan. You better believe it was!
After sprinkling the spot with baking soda, then hydrogen peroxide, then another layer of baking soda… I left it sitting there like that while we went to breakfast. When we got home I rubbed a little of the cleaner off and was actually quite astonished to see MOST of the gunk came right off! Minimal rubbing with my fingers (you could use a scrubbie too) was required.
This, of course, meant I HAD to try it on the rest of the pan. But hey….if all it involved was sprinkling on some baking soda…sprinkling on some hydrogen peroxide and then sprinkling on a little MOREbaking soda….and waiting….I could do that.
Looks like SNOW in May!
Besides….we were still going out to dinner AND had the American Idols Finale to watch! It would have plenty of time to “work”.
And WORK…it did!  Just about 2 hours later I checked on the experiment…(I couldn’t wait any longer! I was too curious!) I wiped/rubbed away one corner of the cleaning concoction…and felt almost giddy with excitement! There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with me! :-)
I then proceeded to wipe/rub off the rest and well….the pictures, as usual, speak for themselves.
Not perfect...yet...but a VAST improvement!
Remember folks….this was accomplished with literally NO SCRUBBING involved! The dynamic duo did all the “work”….while all *I* had to do was TRY to be patient! A fairly daunting task for YOURS TRULY.
But when faced with a choice between BEING PATIENT and SCRUBBING….I’ll take the former. :-)
Can’t wait to get to work on the OTHER side and the edges. I’m thinking a good, long shopping trip to the “big city” should suffice in keeping me away from it while it does its work!  Hey….a girl does what a girl’s gotta do! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up